Tuesday, October 16, 2007

volunteering

I've accepted to volunteer for the primary choir of my daughter's school.
It's now been a couple of months I believe and I'm still having a hard time.
I'm now almost 34 years old and have been playing piano since I was 9.
Believe it or not, I find myself getting nervous playing piano in front of a classroom of grade 1 kids!
I don't think the nervousness ever goes away, I just have to be as prepared as I can be and concentrate on my music sheet instead of the stares of those little people!
Speaking of which I should be practicing instead of writting here on my blog!
Somebody needs to kick my lazy butt off my comfortable computer chair!

I have volunteering to do tomorrow, each wednesday actually, and I bring my little Chandler along with me because...well, I'm not about to leave my 3 year old son at home alone. LOL
He's usually good in the classroom, he watches what's happening, and sometimes he crawls under my piano bench to mess with the pedals that I need to press down with my feet!
Other times he like to slap my back as I'm struggling to keep the tune and turn the pages.
It's all been quite a challenge but frankly I'm glad for it because it's making me try harder, is giving me more experience, and I definately need to play in the public since I'm nervous over the slightest thing!
I feel better having confided in you, thanks for listening to my silly worries!
Rachel Neil

No comments: